Search This Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snow, ice, cold

Well, true to the predictions, the snow came and dumped. I would venture to say about 6 inches at least in our area. This morning though, everything is an icicle. I had to run out for an errand and was not able to go faster than 10 miles and I've got a big SUV. Not fun.
As treacherous as it can be out there driving, I always marvel at how beautiful it is when things are iced over and snow covered.
Here is a  photo as the snow fell 1/17/12 evening.
 This was our front walk way the next morning.
 Kids getting some sled time in.
 Icicles off the roof.

 This one is from today. As I left to run my errand, I noticed how the ice made the color of the tree so vibrant. Just amazing to me how the water on everything gets captured and frozen.
 Brrrrr.
 Our backyard.
 My ladder that usually holds beautiful flowers in the flower boxes fastened to each step.

Stay warm where ever you are, and enjoy your day,
-D

No comments:

Post a Comment