Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Goodbye snow, hello rain

Well, my resolution to post more often was quickly cut short by our internet being down for 6 days. ARGH! I thought I was going to have withdrawls!
Sad as it may be, life revolves around electronics and my internet is one that I cannot handle being without.
Every year however, we take a weekend off and visit the ocean for 4 days where there actually is no cell phone service, no internet connections, no cable t.v. and barely any radio stations. The ones we do get play old rock and roll and it has lots of static, which strangely, I enjoy, as it adds to the ambiance of our weekend. Contradicting to what I just said in the beginning of the paragraph, I actually like the break. We have to drive several miles inland to get cell phone coverage, and I am ok with that. It is such a nice break from the everyday need to be connected to a gadget. The music we sometimes choose to listen to is relaxing, and being one of the only stations the radio actually picks up, it is a nice change from our everyday norm.
Now that the snow is gone, the rain and wind are here to make a mess of our yard with broken tree limbs and debris. So, I am inside, warm and cozy, working on my workshop coming up.
I have been finding some cute owl crafts. Cards and such. I'm not a huge owl person, but man these little guys are cute.
These are ones I found on pinterest. Haven't made any of my own yet, but am working on them.





How cute are they??
Enjoy your day,
-D

1 comment:

  1. The owls turned out way to cute. keep up the great ideas!
    love, mom

    ReplyDelete