Search This Blog

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Little Baker

Yesterday was a baking day. Not the crazy bake for 6 hours all kinds of holiday cookies baking day, but just something we've not had before, something different just because day.
And, my daughter, at 12 years old is an awesome baker.
A little over a year ago, she started making cookies on her own. I didn't help one bit. She has always been interested in helping out in the kitchen, and asked if she could try it in her own. I thought, "why not?". Ok, so it might not have been that smooth a transition. I am more of a worry wart, and my husband is more of the "let them try" type. I fretted a bit, and finally decided that this could actually work to our advantage. ;-) Cookies and desserts a couple times a week? That I didn't have to make, but yet it's still home made? Ok! So, off she went on her own and made some chocolate chip cookies, and I must say, they were de-lish! She was proud as a peacock, as she should have been, and she has been baking ever since. Cupcakes, breads, cookies, brownies, etc.
Yesterday was a Double Chocolate Whoopie Pie day. She got an awesome cookbook for Christmas from my sister and family, and it's got the cutest and yummiest looking desserts in it.
Take a look at the cover. Isn't that the cutest?




And here is the finished product that she made.




Don't those look devine?
I might be a slight bit biased, but I can see her now on the cooking network shows. :-)
Enjoy your day,
-D

1 comment: