Search This Blog

Monday, December 3, 2012

Ruffle tote bag

About a month ago I saw a homemade burlap bag in a craft store.
I fell in love with it and had to make one myself.
I found some burlap and some fabric that I think goes quite nicely with it.
Burlap is so scratchy and not something I would want on the inside of my bag, also because it can shed a little.
This particular burlap is actually softer than what I was expecting, but I think the linen fabric gives it a nicer finish.
Along with velvet and glitter, I also love love ruffles.
So, I added some ruffles with the fabric I trimmed off and made two fabric rosettes too. I love the small added touch of color against the neutral colors.
The bling in the center of the rosette is Close To My Heart's Bling Buttons.
I'm so happy with it, I think I might make more! Perhaps for Christmas gifts? Hmmmm. Just maybe....




Enjoy your day,
-D

2 comments:

  1. OMG I absolutely love this. It is so creative and cute. I really want 1!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! You are so crafty.

    ReplyDelete